Tuesday, April 20, 2010

...To Be or Not To Be

...."To Be or Not To Be"; that is the ever elusive question.

Today, I have decided that my answer to this question is "To Be; hence the creation of my very first blog. The idea of this blog began as a means of response to questions asked by my peers in regards to a personal journey I have been on over the last fourteen weeks. I have affectionately titled this journey "Learning to LOVE what's GOOD", and have been sharing little tid-bits of information on my Facebook page which you can access here!

Back Story

"Learning to LOVE what's GOOD" began in January of 2010, as a type of 'New Year's Resolution'; but never having made a resolution I actually kept, I was uncertain of its life span. What happened next is, oddly enough, exactly what I needed to make sure this resolution stuck-I went to the movies! I am sure that many of you are familiar with the Twilight Saga books and films that have swept the world by storm, but please don't stop reading. My parents actually wanted to see the second installment of the series "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" so I took them. I'm not sure the reason, but a scene in the movie took place where Charlie, the father of Bella, says to her "Sometimes you gotta learn to love what's good for ya", and I felt like I got punched in the gut! I left that movie thinking about that quote and the truth behind it...it stayed with me and has become my life's motto!

Breaking It Down

"Learning to LOVE what's GOOD" sounds great in theory, but in reality it posed a number of questions, some of which have yet to be answered. Questions like, 'how do I know what is 'good', and 'who's definition of 'good' is the best', and 'how do I get started'? All of these were very real questions that, if I would have let them, could have got the best of me and thwarted this entirely. My answers and thoughts to these and many more questions will be laid out here in this blog for you to read, and hopefully be inspired by!

Subscribe and follow me on my journey, and perhaps start one of your own!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am SOOO excited that you are doing this. This is going to be amazing. You're amazing!! I am your first follower too...YAY!!! You are such an inspiration and I cannot wait to see this all unfold for His glory. :) love you Amanda! I am so blessed to have you as my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Terrell, Im so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete